After receiving the offer letter from the desired institute for a particular course, students need to apply for student pass to enter Singapore. Institutes in Singapore will file the Singapore student pass for Indian application behalf of students to Singapore immigration and checkpoint authority (ICA).
Applications are submitted through the Student’s Pass On-Line Application & Registration (SOLAR) system.
New applications for a Student’s Pass must be submitted at least one month and not more than two months before the commencement of the course.
Cost of Visa
A processing fee of $30 (Rs 1,500) is required for every application submitted to ICA. The fee is non-refundable. For submission, via SOLAR+ you’ll be required to make payment by credit/debit card or internet banking.
A $60 (Rs 3,000) issuance fee is charged on every student's pass issued and a further $30 multiple-entry visa fee. The fee is payable when the successful applicant completes the formality to collect the Student's Pass.
DocumentsFollowing documents will be required for application purposes:
- Valid passport – Your passport must be valid for at least three months beyond your period of stay in Singapore.
- Completed Student Visa Application Forms – ICA form 16 & Form V36
- Application fee payment receipt, as you are required to pay S$30, which translates roughly to Rs 1500. An issuance fee of S$60 (Rs 3000) has to be paid once the Student's Pass is approved and issued.
- The offer of place – You needs to have an offer of a place from a Singapore institute/university. The forms are usually issued after the tuition fees have been received.
- Two passport sized photographs (if applicable)
- Bank Statements - Funds to be shown = Tuition fee + 8400 S$
- Fixed Deposit Receipts (if necessary)
- Bank loan sanction letter (if necessary)
Note:Additional documentation may be required. During the personal interview, additional documents may be requested by the interviewer. These may be documents to prove evidence of academic or financial status –
- Transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates from schools you attended
- Test scores that your college required, such as the TOEFL, GRE, or GMAT
- How you will pay all educational, living and travel costs
How to apply
New applications for a Student’s Pass must be submitted at least one month before the commencement of the course. Applications must be submitted through the Student’s Pass On-Line Application & Registration (SOLAR) system.
1. Registration of Application by an Institute of Higher Learning (IHL)
Before the foreign student submits an application for Student’s Pass-through SOLAR, the college must first register the student through SOLAR with the following information:
- Name, date of birth, gender and nationality of the student
- Course details, course commencement, and course end dates
- SOLAR application reference number
2. Submission of eForm 16 by Student
Once the college has successfully registered the student, the student may login to SOLAR to submit eForm 16. Applicants must have the following information before logging into SOLAR:
- A registration acknowledgment notice with the login information provided by the college
- Passport details (passport number, date of expiry, etc.)
- Singapore’s address and contact details (if not available, provide the school’s registered address)
- Applicant’s email address.
- One recent passport-sized color photograph
Upon submission of the eForm 16 through SOLAR, students are required to print a copy of the eForm for submission to the Student’s Pass Unit, ICA, to complete formalities for the issuance of a Student’s Pass.
The spouse and children of full-time graduate research students can get sponsorship from the university for a Social Visit Pass to stay in Singapore. The graduate students should get their spouse and children to apply for an entry visa at Singapore's embassy. When the spouse and children arrive in Singapore, they will be given a 4-week Social Visit Pass at the airport.
You can work part-time for up to 16 hours per week. Work permits are not required for those who want to work during holidays, as they can work full-time without any visa restrictions. After the degree program is over, international students can submit an application for a one-year Visit Pass to ICA (Immigration & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore), if they want to look for employment opportunities in Singapore. This can be done online through e-VP.
Where to apply
1. Singapore High Commission, New Delhi
Chancery N-88, Panchsheel Park
Telephone: +91-11-41019801/+91-11-41019804/ +91-11-41019818
2. Singapore Consulate, Chennai
17-A North Boag Road
Telephone: +91-44-2815-8207/ +91-44-2815-8208
3. Singapore Consulate, Mumbai
Consulate 101, 10th Floor, Maker Chambers IV, 222, Jamnalal Bajaj Road,
Telephone: +91-22-2204-3205/ +91-22-2204-3209