How to apply for a Tier 4 student visa outside the UK
You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you're 16 or over..
You should have Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) for filing your visa application, will be issued by you sponsor institution.
You should have the required level of English. English language requirement can be checked from the concerned university portal .
You should have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course. You must submit the correct documents and financial evidence before you apply.
You can download UK guide to completing the Tier 4 application online form https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome
Points-based Immigration System
To apply for a Tier 4 visa, you need a total of 40 points
30 points will be awarded for a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
10 points for showing you have enough money to cover your tuition fees and living costs as specified by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)
If you are a student on an undergraduate course, you are not allowed to bring family to the UK unless you are a government-sponsored student studying a course of six months or longer.
You must make a final choice of university before you apply for your visa. When you are issued the visa, it will allow you to study only at that particular institution.
As part of the requirements under the Points-based immigration system, universities must notify UKVI if a student does not register as expected, withdraws from their course, or does not maintain good attendance.
- A current passport or other valid travel documents (you need a page in your passport that's blank on both sides for your visa)
- One passport-sized colour photograph with your name written on the reverse side
- Proof of funding, You can support yourself and pay for your course
- Valid CAS (include your CAS number in the online Tier 4 form)
- Proof of parental/legal guardian consent and your birth certificate (if you're under 18)
- Original qualification certificates/other education documents used by concern university when University made our offer to you. This information is on your CAS statement
- Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate. If you want to study some science or technology-based subjects, you must apply online for a clearance certificate through ATAS before you apply for a visa. We include ATAS information in your offer letter if this applies to you
- Your tuberculosis test results if you're from a country where you have to take the test.
- If a document is not in English, it must come with a fully certified translation.
Visa process time for (Tier 4 General) UK student visa normal process is 14 working days and The cost of a (Tier 4 General) UK student visa depends on where you apply from: If you are applying from outside the UK, the cost is £322. if you want to make priority visa The priority visa service is optional and costs GBP 184.
Processing time is the time taken by the BHC to take a decision about the application you filed. It will be counted from the day BHC receives an application to the final decision day.
Visa process time for (Tier 4 General) UK student visa normal process is 14 working days.
If you want to make priority visa, The priority visa service process time is for 3-5 day working days.