Usa Student VISA Procedure
F1 Student Visa is generally for study at an accredited U.S. college or university or to study English at an English language institute. Before you make application for F1 student visa, you must first apply for the admission to US accredited Institution of higher education that is certified by the Student Exchange and Visitor Program (SEVP).
Once you are accepted at an SEVP certified Institution, Institution will issue you I-20 letter confirming your admission or DS-2019 from the institution's international student office to present when you apply for your student visa interview.
The Student Exchange and Visitor Information System (SEVIS):
The United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) uses SEVIS fee payments paid by the international applicant to fund and maintain the Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), the immigration database used to process documents for international students and exchange visitors during their stay in the United States.
How much is the SEVIS fee?
Making SEVIS fee payment there is a separate form I-901, and in addition to, the visa application fee. And the fee is US $200 for F-1 international students.
- A current passport or other valid travel documents (you need a page in your passport that's blank on both sides for your visa)
- OFC confirmation copy
- Visa appointment confirmation.
- Proof of funding, You can support yourself and pay for your course
- Valid I-20 (include your SEVIS number)
- Proof of parental/legal guardian consent and your birth certificate (if you're under 18)
- Original qualification certificates/other education documents used by concern university when University made our offer to you.
- Source of income of your parents or from the official sponsor for your education and living expenses
- If a document is not in English, it must come with a fully certified translation
- International student come under Nonimmigrant Visa applicants, Here is the step by step process US visa process.
- Create a Profile at http://www.ustraveldocs.com website (Each applicant must have their own Form DS-160 visa application)
- Create your account and logging in with your username and password you will see an option 'Schedule Appointment option' on the left panel. Select this option.
- After filling your Passport and Visa information at the end of the confirmation page you see this screen. Select the option that was shown in arrow – 'Click Here for All payment Options (application form will generate an alpha-numeric barcode confirmation page and the printed confirmation page is required for the appointment at the Visa Application Center and for the interview at the Embassy/Consulate)
Bank and Payment Options/Pay My Visa Fee:
Each applicant need to pay visa application fees of $160. On the payment confirmation screen you will be provided with four payment options. This can take approximately 2 business days from time of payment for your receipt to get activated.
1.National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT):
You can pay visa application fee with an NEFT transfer directly from your bank saving account. This NEFT payment can also be process through online banking or mobile banking. On the payment confirmation screen, you will receive a unique account number to which you will need to send the NEFT payment.
You must save unique account number that you actually use to make your NEFT payment. You must have this number as proof of payment in order to schedule your visa interview appointment.
2.Mobile Payments – IMPS:
Applicants can pay their visa MRV fees with their mobile phone via their phone using the IMPs system, however, applicant need to pre registered with their bank to complete payment through mobile phone and be in possession of a valid MPIN.
Applicants can initiate an IMPS payment via SMS to their bank or via the m-banking facility provided by their financial institution. Applicants must enter the correct Beneficiary Mobile Number, Beneficiary MMID number and correct amounts.
Once the payment has been verified, you will receive a SMS containing the 12 digit IMPS reference number. Applicants must then enter the IMPS reference number after logging into their profile. Once verified, the applicant will be able to proceed to the appointment scheduling stage.
Applicants who pay via the IMPS system during regular business hours (9AM - 5PM) will be able to schedule their appointment within 3 hours. Applicants who make their payment after 6PM will be able to schedule their appointment after 9AM the next business day.
US Visa payment at AXIS bank/Citi Bank
You can visit AXIS or Citibank branches to make the visa fee. List of Branches Before going to the bank, you must print and carry the applicable U.S. visa fee collection slip available after logging into your profile. After receiving your payment, the bank will give you a receipt. Cash at BankYou can schedule your interview within three hours of paying your visa application fee at a AXIS/Citibank branch.The table below shows the fee payment processing time and when you can schedule your interview after paying your application fee.
|Time of Payment||Bank||Interview Booking|
|Any time during the business day||Citibank||within 3hours|
|Any time during the business day||Druk||Following business day|
Visa Application fee payment via DRUK Bank
You can pay your nonimmigrant visa application fee in cash at any of 4 DRUK Bank branch. Before going to the bank, you must print and carry the applicable U.S. visa fee collection slip available after logging into your profile Take the completed fee collection slip to the bank when you pay your fee. After receiving your payment, the bank will give you a receipt.